What’s the ladder?
We run an all-year-round in-house competition based on a leapfrog ladder.
Players are ranked according to their level of skill. They challenge players ranked higher on the ladder. If the lower-ranked player wins, he/she takes the higher-ranked player’s position and everyone below moves down a position. Otherwise, nothing changes.
The ladder is hosted online by wotscore.com.
How to use the ladder
There are three basic actions you can take, each associated with its own distinctive button on wotscore.com:
– Challenge a higher-ranked player
– Accept a challenge from a lower-ranked player
– Record the result of your game
If you need a more thorough explanation with examples go to Wotscore’s help page.
- Matches are the best of 5 games.
- Each game is point a rally scoring to 15 (PAR 15) “sudden death” (whoever reaches 15 first, wins a game).
- If a match cannot be finished, only completed games count towards the final score.
- The challenger must win 3 full games to beat the defender.
How do I join the ladder?
Follow these two steps:
Step 1. Sign up for an account
The ladder is hosted by wotscore.com and you need to sign up for a free account there.
If you can’t be bothered with creating yet another password on yet another site, you have a choice to sign up with your Google or Facebook account. Just choose the right button and you’re going to be redirected to your Google/Facebook login page. Once you’ve signed in you’ll be taken back to www.wotscore.com.
Step 2. Request to join the club’s ladder
Now that you have your account, you still need to join the right ladder. Search for “Dunston Squash Club” on wotscore.com and request to join. We have to check your details before placing you on the ladder, so it may take a couple of days before you’ll be able to challenge anyone. If you have any problems, give us a shout.